The Department's designated faculty advisors are prepared to assist you in planning your studies in Political Science. Advising office hours occur daily from a term's first week through the end of reading week. During school breaks, you may contact the Undergraduate Program Coordinator, Libby Wait, at firstname.lastname@example.org or the Director of Undergraduate Studies at email@example.com with advising questions.
When To Meet with a Department Advisor
- Major or Minor declaration
- Honors Program questions
- Graduation Petition signatures
- Plan courses and sequencing major requirements
- Pre-study abroad permission paperwork & signatures, with the following:
When to meet with the Director of Undergraduate Studies
Only the Director of Undergraduate Studies (DUS) can approve and advise on study abroad credit, transfer credits, or certificates of achievement. If you are unable to meet with the DUS during the advising hours, then email the Director of Undergraduate Studies at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Approve Political Science course credit for courses taken while studying abroad
- Approve Political Science course credit for transferred courses from other universities
- Complete a Certificate of Achievement
- Discuss problems or request unusual exemptions