Skip to main content


The Department has a group of designated faculty advisors who are prepared to assist you in planning your studies in Political Science. We have tried to schedule their office hours so that one is available nearly every day of the week. You do NOT need an appointment to meet with them. Simply drop in during the open advising hours, which are listed below.  Advising hours run each quarter from week one through the end of reading week.

Students who are petitioning to graduate should download, complete and print the graduation petition form for their school and bring it with them for an advisor to review and sign.

During school breaks, you should contact an advisor directly to schedule an appointment. Note that faculty advisors may not be available during breaks.

If you have general questions, feel free to contact the Undergraduate Program Assistant, Pamela Straw: 

If you have specific questions about study abroad, transfer credits, or certificates of achievement, it is best to see the Director of Undergraduate Studies (DUS) during their advising hours, which are listed below. If you are unable to meet with the DUS during their advising hours, then you can email the Director of Undergraduate Studies:  

The department website is also a treasure trove of information including major requirements, faculty office hours, applications for grants and the honors program, and just about anything else. In particular, see answers to frequently asked questions about courses, the department and major under Choosing Courses - FAQs.


Advising Schedule

Tuesday, April 3 - Friday, June 8

11:00 AM -
1:00 PM
10:00 AM - 12:00 PM 2:30 PM -4:30 PM 9:30 AM - 11:30 AM 9:00 AM -11:00AM
Professor Martha Wilfahrt Professor Jaime Dominguez Director of Undergraduate Studies Professor Laurel Harbridge Yong Professor
Jean Clipperton
Professor Jeff Rice
Scott Hall 216 619 Emerson Rd., 203 Scott Hall 312A Scott Hall 021 1908 Sheridan Rd Room #100

 ** = No advising hours on Thursday, May 3, 2018

Meet with ANY advisor to:
• Declare a Major or Minor
• Get your Graduation Petition form signed*
• Get general advice about the major or plan courses
• Get “permission” to study abroad*
• Consider pursuing Honors

ONLY Director of Undergraduate Studies Professor Laurel Harbridge Yong can help if you need to:
• Get Political Science course credit for courses taken while studying abroad*
• Get Political Science course credit for courses transferred from other universities*
• Discuss problems or request unusual exemptions
• Complete a Certificate of Achievement *

*Be sure to bring all the appropriate forms with you in hard copy, filled out in advance, along with any and all supporting documentation.


Back to top