Rana B. Khoury
Program Area(s): Comparative Politics
Regional Specialization(s): Middle East
Aid and Activism across the Syrian Warscape
Dissertation Committee: Wendy Pearlman and William Reno (co-chairs), Ana Arjona, Jason Seawright
Research Interests: civil war; displacement; humanitarianism; political economy; methods; Middle East politics; American politics
- "Aiding Activism? Humanitarianism’s Impacts on Mobilized Syrian Refugees in Jordan." Middle East Law and Governance, forthcoming.
- As Ohio Goes: Life in the Post-Recession Nation. Kent, OH: Kent State University Press, 2016.
- Review: “Counting Islam: Religion, Class, and Elections in Egypt by Tarek Masoud." Arab Studies Journal 24 (1):335-339, 2016.
- “Sweet Tea and Cigarettes: A Taste of Refugee Life in Jordan.” Forced Migration Review 49: 93-94. May 2015.
- "Review: Refugees of the Revolution: Experiences of Palestinian Exile by Diana Allan." Journal of Refugee Studies 27(2): 305-307, 2014.
- "Western Sahara and Palestine: A Comparative Study of Colonialisms, Occupations, and Nationalisms." New Middle Eastern Studies 1, 2011.
- Independent Book Publisher Award, Bronze Medal in Current Events I, 2017, for As Ohio Goes.