Graduate Student Publications
- Jacob Rothschild, Adam Howat, Richard Shafrenek, and Ethan Busby, "Pigeonholing Partisans: Stereotypes of Party Supporters and Political Polarization," Polit Behav (2018): 1-21.
- Yoes Kenawas, "Urgency of quota system for women in regional elections," The Jakarta Post, March 15, 2018, Editorial.
- Franky Matisek, "The Blockchain Arms Race: America vs. China," The National Interest, March 14, 2018.
- Rodrigo Barrenechea and Isabel Castillo, "The many roads to Rome: family resembelance concepts in the social sciences," Qual Quant, March 14, 2018.
- The New Yorker used Matthew Lacombe's findings on the NRA's rhetoric over decades for their piece: "The Gun-Control Debate After Parkland."
- Matthew Lacombe's research on how gun ownership, and NRA membership specifically, became such a potent political identity was cited by Vox: "How Gun Ownership Became A Powerful Political Identity."
- Buddhika Jayamaha and Jahara Matisek, "Turkey and the U.S. on the Brink in Syria," SIPA Journal of International Relations, February 27, 2018.
- Matthew Lacombe's recent Washington Post 'Monkey Cage' blog post on the NRA was cited on the FiveThirtyEight Politics Podcast: Gun Debate (go to 8 minutes to hear).
- Jacob Rothschild and Adam Howat, along with Professor James Druckman, find that African-American coaches are more supportive of protests. See their IPR Infographic: Racial Diversity Among Coaches Drives Diversity of Beliefs.
- Rana B. Khoury. "Rex Tillerson's Magical Thinking on Syria." Los Angeles Times, 25 January 2018, p. A13. Editorial.
- Salih O. Nur, review of Democracy in Africa: Successes, Failures, and the Struggle for Political Reform, by Nic Cheeseman, The Journal of Politics, January 2018.
- Christopher Dinkel, review of Why Leaders Fight, by Michael C. Horowitz, Allan C. Stam, and Cali M. Ellis, International Affairs, January 2018.
- Rana B. Khoury, "Aiding Activism? Humanitarianism’s Impacts on Mobilized Syrian Refugees in Jordan," Middle East Law and Governance 9, no. 3 (November 2017): 267-81.
- Franky Matisek and Ian Bertram's essay: "The Death of American Conventional Warfare: It’s the Political Willpower, Stupid," received honorable mention in The Bridge's first writing competition on the topic of strategy.
Ph.D. Candidate Matthew Lacombe writes for Washington Post's Monkey Cage blog: "This is how the NRA ‘politically weaponized’ its membership."
- Jacob Rothschild and Richard Shafranek, "Advances and Opportunities in the Study of Political Communication, Foreign Policy, and Public Opinion," Political Communication 34, no. 4 (October 2017): 634-43.
- Franky Matisek, "American Civil-Military Relations since George Washington: Has Donald Trump Changed the Dynamic?" Outlines of global transformations: politics, economics, law 10, no. 3 (November 2017): 54-67.
- Franky Matisek, review of "Warlord democrats in Africa: ex-military leaders and electoral politics," edited by Anders Themnér, Democratization, November 2017.
- Franky Matisek, "Shades of Gray Deterrence: Issues of Fighting in the Gray Zone," Journal of Strategic Security 10, no. 3 (2017): : 1-26.